Thank you for your interest in Vivian & Stanley Gangnam International Scholars.
VSGIS is a two-semester system and the new semester starts each year in September (fall) & January (spring).
Students are welcome to enroll anytime through the rolling admissions format, but enrollment may close early depending on the number of students in the grade they wish to enroll in, so please submit your application form at least 4 weeks prior to your preferred semester.
Students must be at least 12 years of age and have successfully finished 5th-grade to apply for the Middle School program or8th-grade to apply for the High School program.
STEP 01. Summit a Letter of Intent
After submission of the letter of intent for admission, a 1:1 admission consultation appointment will be scheduled via the administration office.
Letter of Intent
STEP 02. Schedule an Admission Information Session & School Tour
When students bring their latest transcripts, counseling for college entrance exams is also conducted.
STEP 03. Entrance Exam & Interview
If you reside outside of Seoul or overseas, you may opt for a ZOOM Interview.
STEP 04. Submit VSGIS Application
A letter expressing the results for admission will be sent within 10 days (excluding weekends and holidays) after the submission of the application form.
VSGIS will make every effort to ensure that all students have conducted a thorough search for their transcript(s).
Transfer students will not be evaluated and will not continue to receive coursework until documentation of the previous schooling has been submitted.
Students may transfer up to 50% of the total program credits: 50% of the courses must be completed at VSGIS to receive a VSGIS diploma.
For students to be eligible for transfer credit, the Registrar at VSGIS must receive all official transcripts from previous schools with in 90 days of the student’s enrollment with VSGIS.
- ✔ An official transcript is one that comes directly from the student’s former school(s) to the Registrar’s office at VSGIS in a sealed school envelope.
- ✔ Students are solely responsible for not taking courses that overlap with the previous school and must be checked before registering for those classes.
- ✔ If 90 days (calendar day) pass from the first day of school or the initial class attending day without receiving an official transcript from all previous schools attended, NO CREDIT will be transferred, and/or acceptance of transfer credit will be determined by VSGIS regardless of whether the previous school is accredited.
- ✔ No credits will be awarded for GED certificates and programs.
- ✔ No credits will be awarded for classes taken at a college or university unless they were taken for high school credit.
- ✔ If students fail an exit or graduation exam at their previous school, they will be required to take an appropriate course in that subject area at VSGIS.